Whether you have an expensive classic car that you’re trying to protect or just looking to lessen the use of your car for a while, vehicle storage can help you out. A storage unit helps to eliminate the risk associated with leaving your car out in the open for long periods of time when not in use. If you’re heading out of town for a while or have a collectible car that you don’t use often, then take all the headache out of worrying where to put it by renting a self storage unit.
• Space: Some cities there is a lack of parking options.
• Affordability: Depending on the size of the drive-up storage unit, you can store your car for less.
• Security: Most storage facilities offer secure gated access for tenants only, perimeter fencing, 24/7 hour video surveillance. Some facilities have mangers that reside on sight.
• Convenience: Storage facilities are located everywhere people are, therefore you are sure to find one close to home.
• Protection: Some storage facilities offer climate control drive-up access and/or covered vehicle storage which protect your car from extreme weather events and sun damage.
• Properly inflate the tires, keeping in mind that will be not be mobile for a while. In fact, it is better to overinflate the tires since the stationary position will cause them to deflate quite a bit.
• Check all filters and fluids. Things like the oil, engine, and air filters should be new before placed into storage.
• Rent a climate controlled fully enclosed storage unit to lessen the incidence of damage to your vehicle from extreme changes in temperature
• Ensure that the parking brake is released as this could cause the brake pads to stick to the rotor if left on for extended periods of time instead use tire stoppers
• Place some plastic wrap on the windshield wipers to prevent them from sticking to the glass.
• The car should be cleaned adequately and all food removed to reduce the risk of attracting animals and insects.
• Keep your car registered in your name during the entire storage duration. You may need to prove that the car in your self storage unit is yours.
We understand that choosing a self storage facility to entrust your vehicle is not a decision made lightly. That’s why we make it easy for you to search for and compare units. Search using your zip code or city to find a wide array of self storage units to fit your needs. Rent a vehicle storage unit today and find out why we’re the #1 name in self storage.